Make a difference. Be part of our work of unlocking the potential of Māori land.
As a respected professional services organisation, our team of 70 people looks after 2,000 trusts, companies and joint ventures on behalf of over 85,000 landowners. You’ll get exposed to a diverse range of areas - property management, commercial development, landowner registry service, investment and finance, communications and trust management. We are looking for high performing people that thrive on delivering excellence and believe in the work that we do.
Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive / Māori Trustee and GM Trusts / Deputy Māori Trustee
Te Tumu Paeroa is an independent, professional trustee organisation which protects and grows assets on behalf of 95,000 Māori land owners. We manage 2,000 trusts, companies and joint ventures across 100,000 hectares of Māori freehold land. We offer a range of services including: trust and property management; registry, payments and scholarship administration; and enterprise development and monitoring. Our vision is mobilising Māori land to create this generation’s legacy.
We are looking for high performing people that thrive on delivering excellence and believe in the great work that Te Tumu Paeroa is leading and executing. You can read more about our exciting organisation and careers opportunities at www.tetumupaeroa.co.nz
The Chief Executive/Māori Trustee and GM Trusts/Deputy Maori Trustee are looking for a super-efficient and enthusiastic EA that will help to support their busy and high profile roles. The role will be fast paced so we need someone that is unflappable and adaptable. It will be helpful to have an understanding of Te Reo Māori and Tikanga Māori.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the CEO/Māori Trustee and GM Trusts/Deputy Maori Trustee’s diary, booking travel and other associated travel arrangements
- Preparing materials for board meetings, both internal and external
- Providing accurate and timely word processing, editing and formatting of reports and key documentation
- Liaising with owners as required
- Responding to correspondence in a timely and professional manner
- Preparing and completing invoicing and ensuring appropriate paperwork is signed
- Providing assistance and support to the Senior Management team as required
The successful candidate must:
- Have a proven track record in working as an EA to a CEO or executive team member
- Be comfortable working in an ambiguous environment
- Have excellent skills in the complete Microsoft suite
- Be able to manage upwards and across in a friendly and collaborative manner
- Be one step ahead and have the ability to self-manage and self-motivate
- Be flexible and thrive on variety and be able to prioritise work effectively
- Have high levels of personal integrity to work in an environment with confidential information
- Be conversant in te reo Māori and/or has an appreciation for the language and tikanga Māori
To apply for this role, complete the attached application form, your cv and include a covering letter outlining why you think you are a good fit for this role. Send your application to email@example.com.
Applications close on 30 October 2014. Please note that only applicants who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.