Make a difference. Be part of our work of unlocking the potential of Māori land.
As a respected professional services organisation, our team of 70 people looks after 2,000 trusts, companies and joint ventures on behalf of over 85,000 landowners. You’ll get exposed to a diverse range of areas - property management, commercial development, landowner registry service, investment and finance, communications and trust management. We are looking for high performing people that thrive on delivering excellence and believe in the work that we do.
- Make a difference for an organisation focused on unlocking the potential of Maori land.
- Opportunity to broaden your Communications experience.
- Work for an awesome team.
We are seeking an experienced Communications Advisor with excellent written skills, digital comms experience and strong people skills.
Purpose of the position
The Communication Advisor is responsible for the delivery of communications to support the business goals of the organisation. This includes
- Contributing to our strategic pillar of connecting with owners.
- Enhancing the organisation’s public profile.
- Ensuring stakeholders understand, and value, the work of Te Tumu Paeroa.
The work includes developing, writing and publishing communication for Te Tumu Paeroa’s internal and external channels as well as developing stories for channels outside the organisation. It also includes on-going projects, at an operational and strategic level.
Working for a small Communications and Marketing Team in a diverse business, you’ll get exposure to a range of industries and disciplines (agriculture, investment, Maori land development, projects, professional services) giving you the opportunity to broaden your career.
Ideally you will also have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualified in an appropriate discipline.
- 2-3 years experience working in a Communication role.
- Exceptional written skills with experience writing for a variety of audiences.
- An affinity for Māori tikanga and Te Reo.
- Resourceful, enterprising and proactive.
- Experience developing communication plans and project communications.
- Exposure to the marketing and promotions function.
- Experience in communications through digital channels. Basic digital publishing and design. skills would be desirable (Indesign and Photoshop).
To apply for this role, please:
Send the following to email@example.com
- Your CV.
- A covering letter outlining why you believe you are suited to this role and our organisation.
- A completed application form
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 30 July 2014.
Please note that only applicants who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered, and that incomplete applications will not be considered.