Make a difference. Be part of our work of unlocking the potential of Māori land.
As a respected professional services organisation, our team of 70 people looks after 2,000 trusts, companies and joint ventures on behalf of over 85,000 landowners. You’ll get exposed to a diverse range of areas - property management, commercial development, landowner registry service, investment and finance, communications and trust management. We are looking for high performing people that thrive on delivering excellence and believe in the work that we do.
Business Relationship Consultant - West
We are looking for a Business Relationship Consultant who will be responsible for developing and maintaining a strategic portfolio of key trust accounts within the Whanganui, Manawatu and Taranaki areas, and will ensure that clients receive appropriate ongoing support at a senior level.
- Proven understanding and/or application of relationship management practices, particularly within a Māori context.
- Ability to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Business acumen including ability to understand and assess a commercial proposition at a high level.
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure service delivery requirements and development project commitments are followed through.
- Undertake an annual strategic review of the portfolio and make recommendations for any required changes.
- Identify potential development opportunities.
- Demonstrated leadership at a senior level and governance roles.
- Experience with formal account and relationship management processes.
- Solid understanding of Māori Land management structures and processes, particularly as these relate to administration of ownership interests.
- Fluent in Te Reo Māori me ona tikanga.
- Established relationships within Whanganui, Manawatu and Taranaki area.
- Working knowledge of the primary sector with relevance to Whanganui, Manawatu and Taranaki localities is advantageous.
- Capable of working outside of 'core business hours' as the role may involve attending hui in the weekend.
- A full New Zealand driver's license.
Working for Te Tumu Paeroa offers the opportunity to work for a dynamic and vibrant organisation that holds fantastic values in accordance to Māori land and Māori heritage. Additional benefits include five weeks annual leave, use of a company vehicle and training and development opportunities.
If you are looking for an opportunity to utilise your account and relationship management skills, have proven organisational skills and the ability to successfully multi-task, then we want to hear from you.
Please note, the successful applicant for this role must be based in Whanganui.
To apply for this role, please send:
- Your CV
- A covering letter outlining why you believe you are suited to this role and our organisation, and
- A completed application form
To us at email@example.com
Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 2 June 2015.
Please note that only applicants who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered, and that incomplete applications will not be considered.