Make a difference. Be part of our work of unlocking the potential of Māori land.
As a respected professional services organisation, our team of 70 people looks after 2,000 trusts, companies and joint ventures on behalf of over 85,000 landowners. You’ll get exposed to a diverse range of areas - property management, commercial development, landowner registry service, investment and finance, communications and trust management. We are looking for high performing people that thrive on delivering excellence and believe in the work that we do.
Communications Advisor, Permanent Full-Time, Wellington
- Make a difference.
- Work with an awesome team focused on unlocking the potential of Maori land.
- Opportunity to broaden your Communications experience.
We are seeking an experienced Communications Advisor with excellent written skills, communications experience in digital channels and strong people skills.
Everything we do at Te Tumu Paeroa is focused on protecting and enhancing Māori land. The name Te Tumu Paeroa reflects our commitment to stand strong alongside landowners of today, and work together to create legacy of growth and prosperity for future generations.
Te Tumu Paeroa is an independent, professional, trustee organisation. We look after 100,000 hectares of Māori owned land on behalf of over 85,000 landowners nationwide. This includes 2,000 trusts, companies and joint ventures.
We offer a range of services including: trust and property management; registry, payments and scholarship administration; and enterprise development and monitoring.
We are looking for high performing people that thrive on delivering excellence and believe in the work that Te Tumu Paeroa is leading. You can read more about our exciting organisation at http://www.tetumupaeroa.co.nz/who-we-are
Purpose of the position
The Communication Advisor is responsible for the delivery of communications to support the business goals of the organisation. This includes
- Contributing to our strategic pillar of connecting with owners.
- Enhancing the organisation’s public profile.
- Ensuring stakeholders understand, and value, the work of Te Tumu Paeroa.
The work includes developing, writing and publishing communication for Te Tumu Paeroa’s internal and external channels as well as developing stories for channels outside the organisation. It also includes on-going projects, at an operational and strategic level.
Working for a small Communications and Marketing Team in a diverse business, you’ll get exposure to a range of industries and disciplines (agriculture, investment, Maori land development, projects, professional services) giving you the opportunity to broaden your career.
Ideally you will also have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualified in an appropriate discipline.
- 2-3 years experience working in a Communication role.
- Exceptional written skills with experience writing for a variety of audiences.
- An affinity for Māori tikanga and Te Reo.
- Resourceful, enterprising and proactive.
- Experience developing communication plans and project communications.
- Exposure to the marketing and promotions function.
- Experience in communications through digital channels. Basic digital publishing and design. skills would be desirable (Indesign and Photoshop).
To apply for this role, please:
To apply, visit www.momentum.co.nz and enter the reference number 1721246 including your CV with a cover letter highlighting your relevant skills and experience. For further information in strict confidence, please contact Bernadette Sharkey-Burns or Hayley Hollobon on 04 499 6161.
Please note that only applicants who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.