Make a difference. Be part of our work of unlocking the potential of Māori land.
As a respected professional services organisation, our team of 70 people looks after 2,000 trusts, companies and joint ventures on behalf of over 85,000 landowners. You’ll get exposed to a diverse range of areas - property management, commercial development, landowner registry service, investment and finance, communications and trust management. We are looking for high performing people that thrive on delivering excellence and believe in the work that we do.
Custodian Trusts Consultant
Fixed Term 12 months, Rotorua
Te Tumu Paeroa is an independent, professional trustee organisation providing services to Māori landowners. We manage:
- 100,000 hectares of Māori land
- 2,000 land blocks
- 95,000 owner accounts
- $88 million in client funds
We are looking for high performing people that thrive on delivering excellence and believe in the great work that Te Tumu Paeroa is leading and executing. You can read more about our exciting Company and our great work and careers opportunities at www.tetumupaeroa.co.nz
The Custodian Trusts Consultant, will be based in Rotorua and will report to the Support Services Manager. This is an important role that will work closely with the Support Services Manager to maintain our high value custodian trust accounts. Working closely with our newly appointed Business Relationship Manager will be critical as will the ability to apply strategic business thinking. Previous experience developing and maintaining relationships among Iwi, hapū and whānau will be important. Fluency in Te Reo Māori, to at least a basic level, will be critical.
The key responsibilities are:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Iwi , hapū and whānau
- Assessing Custodian Trust opportunities and risks
- Liaising with Owners and Trustees
- Developing and executing engagement plans specific to each Trust
- Working strategically and making connections between your work and that of the wider team
- Collaborating with wider Te Tumu Paeroa service delivery teams to ensure commitments are met for each key account
- Ensuring compliance activities support account management plans for relevant Trusts
- Attending custodian trust meetings and taking minutes as required
- Ensuring that all account management activities are logged accurately and timely in CRM
To be successful in this role the following skills, experience are required:
- Fluent in Te Reo Māori to at least a basic level
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Knowledge of governance roles and demonstrated understanding of trusts and trustee obligations
- Sound knowledge of land ownership including Māori Land and the Māori Land Court processes
- Experience in the facilitation and running of meetings
- Highly effective and efficient in organising time and prioritising workflow
- Sound financial literacy including experience interpreting financial statements
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the attached application form.
Applications close on the 29 September 2014. Please note that only applicants who are legally entitled to work in New Zealand will be considered.